POLYDIOXANONE & PDO)
· Synthetic suture absorbable monofilament on violet color.
· P-dioxanone polymer.
· Offers minimum tissue reactivity.
· Absorption is made by hydrolytic slow progressive action completed in 200 days approximately.
· The original tensile resistance in vivo holds between 65 and 70% in four weeks and 50 and 60% after 6th week.
· Color Code: Silver and black label.
· Frequently used in tissue coaptation that slowly heals.
· High tensile strength.
· Absorption through hydrolysis.
· Uniform monofilament.
· Excellent creep.
· Molecular structure, soft segments.
· Adequate tissue support.
· Predictable absorption and minimum tissue reaction.
· Soft way through the tissues.
· Plastic coupling of the knot providing excellent security.
· Excellent visibility in the surgical field.
· Discrete for sub dermal procedures in plastic surgery.
· Excellent handling.
It is recommended for any surgical procedure, provided the single-thread synthetic absorbable sutures are indicated.
KNOTTING: Resistant with fixation in the first knot; it is recommended in thick gages (1, 1-0, 2-0) to make a surgeon
knot and a simple knot. This will allow adjusting the tension and once adjusted a square knot should be done.
In thin gages (3-0, 4-0, 5-0, 6-0), initially two square knots are recommended with 2 or 3 adittional bowknots,
leaving the ends of the knots 4 to 5 mm. long according to the surgical circumstances and to the experience of the surgeon.
Care should be taken in order to not damage the suture thread with forceps, needles, etc., except when holding the end of the thread during the knotting with a clamp.
General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Urology, Plastic Surgery, Gynecology, etc.
Caution must be taken when used in elderly, malnourished or deficient immunology system patients, in which the critical cicatrization period of the wound may be delayed.
· Since it is an absorbable suture, it should not be used when the tissue support is needed for an extended or indefinite period of time.
· Note: Knowing the factors of the patient condition and the characteristics, benefits and limitations of the
· Polydioxanone Atramat (similar to other Polydioxanones) it can be used according to the surgical circumstances and the surgeon experience.